Fair Treatment and Anti-Discrimination Policy Statement
The College supports the concept of equal opportunity and is committed to providing all staff, students and potential students with a working and learning environment which values diversity, respects differences and provides an environment that is safe, healthy, positive, supportive and free from all forms of harassment, bullying and discrimination.
The College thorough the application of its Fair Treatment and Anti-Discrimination Policy will:
- Treat all students and prospective students fairly;
- Meet its legal and moral obligations with respect to anti-discrimination legislation;
- Develop an organisational culture that recognises and respects diversity and differences;
- Actively identify strategies that can assist individuals who have incurred past social, economic or educational disadvantage to successfully complete vocational education qualifications;
- Not discriminate in terms of race, sexual preference, disability, gender, age, ethnicity, or any other basis that is not directly related to the performance of the person involved; and
- Implement effective and sensitive procedures which allow complaints of unfair treatment, discrimination, harassment and/or bullying to be raised and resolved.