ACCM College will fully explore reasonable adjustment and available support services that might enable the student to successfully complete a College program.
These reasonable adjustments include modification to assessment and provision of additional services; however adjustments are not provided that would undermine the core or inherent learning required.
As a distance / online provider, ACCM College can support students by:
- providing hard copy resources (fees may apply for printing/postage)
- scheduling more frequent phone tutorial assistance
- Conducting periodic video contact for tutorial assistance
- providing tutorials on how to use WebclassM
- allow "bridging" units ie lower level units to build foundation knowledge (fees may apply)
- undertake verbal flexible assessment where appropriate
Please note that Distance/Online Delivery is likely not appropriate for learners/Trainees who require:
- Significant LLND support to assist with comprehension and completion of assessment tasks
- Face to face delivery of learning/course materials (which includes delivery of learning content via video options such as Zoom or MS Teams)
- Stepping through individual questions with a Trainer/Assessor’s support to complete Assessment materials
- On site workplace/home visits or physically hosting students on the ACCM premises
Where a learner has a mentor or interpreter or disability coach we will work with them to support your learning. However, please note that the College does not provide these specialist LLN support staff.
Student's who may not be suitable for Distance Learning
Where the delivery method offered by the College does not suit the individual learning needs of that student the College will identify a better alternative for that student, including referring them to other providers or helping them find a more suitable course.
For this reason we may decline to accept an enrolment;
Or conditionally accept an enrolment pending demonstration that the student can be successful in that course/delivery mode combination with the support ACCM is able to deliver as a distance provider.
If a student has enrolled and commenced training, and further developments indicate our programs or delivery method are not suited (or in the best interest of the learner), ACCM College will work with the learner and/or employer to refer them to other providers or helping them find a more suitable course.
In summary, if we are not confident that we can support a student's learning needs with the support facilities or services we can offer at any point in the process, we will not proceed with enrolment or will work to find a more suitable provider/course if the student is already enrolled.