16. If you are under 18 you give the following consents and will act to obtain the same consents from your parent or guardian on your behalf.
17. For enrolments where employer details are provided you are authorising the College to discuss your enrolment with your employer, including providing course status updates and obtaining personal information from them that is necessary for your enrolment or course. This authorisation is irrevocable for that enrolment.
For enrolments where a traineeship program is being undertaken you are authorising the College to discuss your enrolment with your employer, host employer. Group Training Company, Australian Apprenticeship Centre, including providing course status updates and USI information. You authorise those parties to share information they have with the College in order to support your course and progression and traineeship. This includes sharing your USI details.
For school based enrolments you are authorising the College to discuss your enrolment with your school and school officials, including providing course status updates.
This consent allows for the collection and use or disclosure of your personal information by the USI Registrar and is also consent for the College to obtain and verify the USI details you provide on the USI website, amongst other actions. This involves confirming your personal information with the USI website.
Privacy Notice: You are advised and agree that you understand and consent that the personal information you provide in connection with your application for a Unique Student Identifier (USI):
• is collected by the Student Identifiers Registrar for the purposes of:
- applying for, verifying and giving a USI;
- resolving problems with a USI; and
- creating authenticated vocational education and training (VET) transcripts;
• may be disclosed to:
o Commonwealth and State/Territory government departments and agencies and statutory bodies performing functions relating to VET for:
- the purposes of administering and auditing VET, VET providers and VET programs
- education related policy and research purposes; and
- to assist in determining eligibility for training subsidies;
• VET Regulators to enable them to perform their VET regulatory functions;
• VET Admission Bodies for the purposes of administering VET and VET programs;
• current and former Registered Training Organisations to enable them to deliver VET courses to the individual, meet their reporting obligations under the VET standards and government contracts and assist in determining eligibility for training subsidies;
• schools for the purposes of delivering VET courses to the individual and reporting on these courses;
• the National Centre for Vocational Education Research for the purpose of creating authenticated VET transcripts, resolving problems with USIs and for the collection, preparation and auditing of national VET statistics;
• researchers for education and training related research purposes;
• any other person or agency that may be authorised or required by law to access the information;
• any entity contractually engaged by the Student Identifiers Registrar to assist in the performance of his or her functions in the administration of the USI system; and
• will not otherwise be disclosed without your consent unless authorised or required by or under law.
You may also make a complaint to the Information Commissioner about an interference with privacy pursuant to the Privacy Act 1988, including in relation to the misuse or interference of or unauthorised collection, use, access, modification or disclosure of USIs.
20. NSW Smart and Skilled Privacy Consent: By ticking the authorisation box about agreeing to these terms, or by, at any time, verbally or in writing requesting Smart and Skilled subsidised training you consent to the following consent for the use and disclosure of personal information.
CONSENT TO USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THE DEPARTMENT OF INDUSTRY AND OTHER GOVERNMENT AGENCIES
You understand and agree that personal information (information or an opinion about you), collected from you, your parent or guardian, such as your name, Unique Student Identifier, date of birth, contact details, training outcomes and performance, or sensitive personal information (including your ethnicity or health information) (together Personal Information) collected by Australian College of Commerce and Management may be disclosed to the Department of Industry. (The Department).The Department may disclose my Personal Information to other Australian government agencies, including those located in States and Territories outside New South Wales.
The Department may disclose your Personal Information to other Australian government agencies, including those located in States and Territories outside New South Wales.
The above government agencies may use your Personal Information for any purpose relating to the exercise of their government functions, including but not limited to the evaluation and assessment of your training, the determination of your eligibility to receive subsidised training or for any Fee Exemptions or Concessions. Your Personal Information may also be disclosed to other third parties if required by law.
You consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information in the manner outlined above.
You also acknowledge and agree that the Department may contact you by telephone email or post during or after you have ceased subsidised training with Australian College of Commerce and Management for the purposes of evaluating and assessing your subsidised training.
21. National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER) Privacy Notice and Consent: Under the Data Provision Requirements 2012, the College is required to collect personal information about you and to disclose that personal information to the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER).
Why we collect your personal information
As a registered training organisation (RTO), we collect your personal information so we can process and manage your enrolment in a vocational education and training (VET) course with us.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to enable us to deliver VET courses to you, and otherwise, as needed, to comply with our obligations as an RTO.
How we disclose your personal information
We are required by law (under the National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011 (Cth) (NVETR Act)) to disclose the personal information we collect about you to the National VET Data Collection kept by the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER). The NCVER is responsible for collecting, managing, analysing and communicating research and statistics about the Australian VET sector.
We are also authorised by law (under the NVETR Act) to disclose your personal information to the relevant state or territory training authority.
How the NCVER and other bodies handle your personal information
The NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the law, including the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the NVETR Act. Your personal information may be used and disclosed by NCVER for purposes that include populating authenticated VET transcripts; administration of VET; facilitation of statistics and research relating to education, including surveys and data linkage; and understanding the VET market.
The NCVER is authorised to disclose information to the Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment (DESE), Commonwealth authorities, State and Territory authorities (other than registered training organisations) that deal with matters relating to VET and VET regulators for the purposes of those bodies, including to enable:
- administration of VET, including program administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation
- facilitation of statistics and research relating to education, including surveys and data linkage
- understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information.
The NCVER may also disclose personal information to persons engaged by NCVER to conduct research on NCVER’s behalf.
The NCVER does not intend to disclose your personal information to any overseas recipients.
If you would like to seek access to or correct your information, in the first instance, please contact your RTO using the contact details listed below.
DESE is authorised by law, including the Privacy Act and the NVETR Act, to collect, use and disclose your personal information to fulfil specified functions and activities. For more information about how the DESE will handle your personal information, please refer to the DESE VET Privacy Notice at https://www.dese.gov.au/national-vet-data/vet-privacy-notice.
You may receive a student survey which may be run by a government department or an NCVER employee, agent, third-party contractor or another authorised agency. Please note you may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.
At any time, you may contact ACCM to:
- request access to your personal information
- correct your personal information
- make a complaint about how your personal information has been handled
- ask a question about this Privacy Notice
Student Declaration and Consent - By ticking the authorisation box about agreeing to these terms:
You declare that the information you have provided to the best of your knowledge is true and correct.
You consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Notice above.