Independent Validation Policy Statement
The College, through the application of its Independent Validation Policy, will ensure that in accordance with Standards for RTOs (clauses 1.8 - 1.11):
- learner resources address the full requirements of the units of competency and Training package to the depth of training required for that level
- assessment tasks and activities meet the rules of evidence: valid, reliable, current and authentic
- assessment processes meet the principles of assessment including offering an appeals process and flexibility for reasonable adjustments
- assessment strategies meet the needs of industry;
- opportunities for improvement are identified and implemented
- the relevant RTO Standards are implemented in a systematic manner; and that
In accordance with Standards for RTO 1.10 the College will ensure each training product is validated at least once every five years, with at least 50% of training products validated within the first three years of each five year cycle.
In accordance with Standards for RTO 1.11 the College will properly structure the validation panel.