16. If you are under 18 you give the following consents and will act to obtain the same consents from your parent or guardian on your behalf.
17. For enrolments where employer details are provided you are authorising the College to discuss your enrolment with your employer, including providing course status updates.
19. Unique Student Identifier Privacy Consent and USI Provision: You agree to obtain and provide your Unique Student Identifier (USI). You agree to allow the College to verify your USI and to co-operate with the College to rectify any issues with your USI. The provision of a USI is a mandatory requirement for providers of nationally recognised qualifications. You declare that you have read and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as outlined in the Unique Student Identifier Privacy Notice below. This consent allows for the collection and use or disclosure of your personal information by the USI Registrar and is also consent for the College to obtain and verify the USI details you provide on the USI website, amongst other actions. This involves confirming your personal information with the USI website.
You are advised and agree that you understand and consent that the personal information you provide in connection with your application for a Unique Student Identifier (USI):
• is collected by the Student Identifiers Registrar for the purposes of
o applying for, verifying and giving a USI;
o resolving problems with a USI; and
o creating authenticated vocational education and training (VET) transcripts;
• may be disclosed to:
o Commonwealth and State/Territory government departments and agencies and statutory bodies performing functions relating to VET for:
the purposes of administering and auditing VET, VET providers and VET programs
education related policy and research purposes; and
to assist in determining eligibility for training subsidies;
• VET Regulators to enable them to perform their VET regulatory functions;
• VET Admission Bodies for the purposes of administering VET and VET programs;
• current and former Registered Training Organisations to enable them to deliver VET courses to the individual, meet their reporting obligations under the VET standards and government contracts and assist in determining eligibility for training subsidies;
• schools for the purposes of delivering VET courses to the individual and reporting on these courses;
• the National Centre for Vocational Education Research for the purpose of creating authenticated VET transcripts, resolving problems with USIs and for the collection, preparation and auditing of national VET statistics;
• researchers for education and training related research purposes;
• any other person or agency that may be authorised or required by law to access the information;
• any entity contractually engaged by the Student Identifiers Registrar to assist in the performance of his or her functions in the administration of the USI system; and
• will not otherwise be disclosed without your consent unless authorised or required by or under law.
You may also make a complaint to the Information Commissioner about an interference with privacy pursuant to the Privacy Act 1988, including in relation to the misuse or interference of or unauthorised collection, use, access, modification or disclosure of USIs.
20. NSW Smart and Skilled Privacy Consent. By ticking the authorisation box about agreeing to these terms, or by, at any time, verbally or in writing requesting Smart and Skilled subsidised training you consent to the following consent for the use and disclosure of personal information.
CONSENT TO USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THE DEPARTMENT OF INDUSTRY, DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION & COMMUNITIES AND OTHER GOVERNMENT AGENCIES
I understand and agree that personal information (information or an opinion about me), collected from me, my parent or guardian, such as my name, Unique Student Identifier, date of birth, contact details, training outcomes and performance, or sensitive personal information (including my ethnicity or health information) (together Personal Information) collected by Australian College of Commerce and Management may be disclosed to the Department of Industry, Skills and Regional Development (Department).The Department may disclose my Personal Information to other Australian government agencies, including those located in States and Territories outside New South Wales.
The Department may disclose my Personal Information to other Australian government agencies, including those located in States and Territories outside New South Wales.
The above government agencies may use my Personal Information for any purpose relating to the exercise of their government functions, including but not limited to the evaluation and assessment of my training, the determination of my eligibility to receive subsidised training or for any Fee Exemptions or Concessions. My Personal Information may also be disclosed to other third parties if required by law.
I consent to the collection, use and disclosure of my Personal Information in the manner outlined above.
I also acknowledge and agree that the Department may contact me by telephone email or post during or after I have ceased subsidised training with Australian College of Commerce and Management for the purposes of evaluating and assessing my subsidised training.
The Smart and Skilled contact details for students with complaints are https://smartandskilled.nsw.gov.au and phone number 1300 772 104, and are published in the College Complaints, Grievances and Consumer Protection Policy.