16. If you are under 18 you give the following consents and will act to obtain the same consents from your parent or guardian on your behalf.
17. For enrolments where employer details are provided you are authorising the College to discuss your enrolment with your employer, including providing course status updates.
19. Unique Student Identifier Privacy Consent and USI Provision: You agree to obtain and provide your Unique Student Identifier (USI). You agree to allow the College to verify your USI and to co-operate with the College to rectify any issues with your USI. The provision of a USI is a mandatory requirement for providers of nationally recognised qualifications. You declare that you have read and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as outlined in the Unique Student Identifier Privacy Notice below. This consent allows for the collection and use or disclosure of your personal information by the USI Registrar and is also consent for the College to obtain and verify the USI details you provide on the USI website, amongst other actions. This involves confirming your personal information with the USI website.
You are advised and agree that you understand and consent that the personal information you provide in connection with your application for a Unique Student Identifier (USI):
• is collected by the Student Identifiers Registrar for the purposes of:
- applying for, verifying and giving a USI;
- resolving problems with a USI; and
- creating authenticated vocational education and training (VET) transcripts;
• may be disclosed to:
o Commonwealth and State/Territory government departments and agencies and statutory bodies performing functions relating to VET for:
- the purposes of administering and auditing VET, VET providers and VET programs
- education related policy and research purposes; and
- to assist in determining eligibility for training subsidies;
• VET Regulators to enable them to perform their VET regulatory functions;
• VET Admission Bodies for the purposes of administering VET and VET programs;
• current and former Registered Training Organisations to enable them to deliver VET courses to the individual, meet their reporting obligations under the VET standards and government contracts and assist in determining eligibility for training subsidies;
• schools for the purposes of delivering VET courses to the individual and reporting on these courses;
• the National Centre for Vocational Education Research for the purpose of creating authenticated VET transcripts, resolving problems with USIs and for the collection, preparation and auditing of national VET statistics;
• researchers for education and training related research purposes;
• any other person or agency that may be authorised or required by law to access the information;
• any entity contractually engaged by the Student Identifiers Registrar to assist in the performance of his or her functions in the administration of the USI system; and
• will not otherwise be disclosed without your consent unless authorised or required by or under law.
You may also make a complaint to the Information Commissioner about an interference with privacy pursuant to the Privacy Act 1988, including in relation to the misuse or interference of or unauthorised collection, use, access, modification or disclosure of USIs.
20. NSW Smart and Skilled Privacy Consent: By ticking the authorisation box about agreeing to these terms, or by, at any time, verbally or in writing requesting Smart and Skilled subsidised training you consent to the following consent for the use and disclosure of personal information.
CONSENT TO USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THE DEPARTMENT OF INDUSTRY AND OTHER GOVERNMENT AGENCIES
You understand and agree that personal information (information or an opinion about you), collected from you, your parent or guardian, such as your name, Unique Student Identifier, date of birth, contact details, training outcomes and performance, or sensitive personal information (including your ethnicity or health information) (together Personal Information) collected by Australian College of Commerce and Management may be disclosed to the Department of Industry. (Department).The Department may disclose my Personal Information to other Australian government agencies, including those located in States and Territories outside New South Wales.
The Department may disclose your Personal Information to other Australian government agencies, including those located in States and Territories outside New South Wales.
The above government agencies may use your Personal Information for any purpose relating to the exercise of their government functions, including but not limited to the evaluation and assessment of your training, the determination of your eligibility to receive subsidised training or for any Fee Exemptions or Concessions. Your Personal Information may also be disclosed to other third parties if required by law.
You consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information in the manner outlined above.
You also acknowledge and agree that the Department may contact you by telephone email or post during or after you have ceased subsidised training with Australian College of Commerce and Management for the purposes of evaluating and assessing your subsidised training.
21. National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER) Privacy Notice and Consent: Under the Data Provision Requirements 2012, the College is required to collect personal information about you and to disclose that personal information to the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER).
Your personal information (including the personal information contained on this enrolment form and your training activity data) may be used or disclosed by the College for statistical, regulatory and research purposes. The College may disclose your personal information for these purposes to third parties, including:
- School – if you are a secondary student undertaking VET, including a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship;
- Employer – if you are enrolled in training paid by your employer;
- Commonwealth and State or Territory government departments and authorised agencies;
- Organisations conducting student surveys; and
Personal information disclosed to NCVER may be used or disclosed for the following purposes:
- Issuing a VET Statement of Attainment or VET Qualification, and populating Authenticated VET Transcripts;
- facilitating statistics and research relating to education, including surveys;
- understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information; and
- administering VET, including program administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation.
You may receive an NCVER student survey which may be administered by an NCVER employee, agent or third party contractor. You may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.
NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the VET Data Policy and all NCVER policies and protocols (including those published on NCVER’s website at www.ncver.edu.au).
Student Declaration and Consent - By ticking the authorisation box about agreeing to these terms:
You declare that the information you have provided to the best of your knowledge is true and correct.
You consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Notice above.