Trainee Legal Secretary - Sydney
Grow Your Career
HFW is an international law firm with over 500 lawyers advising clients on all aspects of international commerce including construction, engineering, insurance, energy, commodities, shipping & transport, ports & terminals, mining and finance. The firm has 13 offices globally across 11 countries. We provide a global and seamless service to our clients 24 hours a day. We are dynamic, entrepreneurial and leaders in our specialist areas.
In this interesting role you will provide assistance and administrative support to the senior secretaries, fee earners and supervising partners with tasks that include file opening and archiving, Compliance & CCLs, hard copy filing, copying & scanning, billing overflow, organising mail, running errands, banking and reception relief. This role assists in the achievement of the HFW objectives by assisting legal staff and secretaries through practice management activities such as billing, filing and diarising.
- Produce documents by transcribing, formatting, inputting and editing
- Co-ordinating documents for case preparation including CCLs
- File opening and archiving
- Copying and scanning
- Billing overflow including drafting and preparing
- Maintain soft and hard copy filing
- Keep records up to date
- Relieve reception and secretarial staff during breaks and leave
- Open, sort and register incoming mail
- Prepare outgoing mail for delivery
- Receive incoming telephone calls
- Assisting with functions and events
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a great can-do attitude and a genuine interest in legal secretary work
- Interested in studying Certificate III Business Administration (Legal) or a similar course
- Ability to maintain and build professional relationships
- Intermediate MS Office skills
- Ability to communicate and liaise with people at various levels
- Well organised
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
- Pro-active and can-do attitude
- Professional outlook
The successful candidate will join a reputable and thriving practice and work with a high performing, appreciative and supporting team who view the broader success of the firm as paramount.
The right candidate will have an opportunity to grow and develop in this role working 4 days per week and fulfilling course requirements 1 day per week.
To apply, please email your CV and a short cover letter to Melissa Howard, HR Administrator at Melissa.firstname.lastname@example.org