Changes in 2017

Changes to VET FEE-HELP
Explore your options

On 5 October 2016, the government announced that VET FEE-HELP will cease on 31 December 2017.

Due to the changes, we are no longer accepting VET FEE-HELP enrolments BUT, we are offering interest free payment plans on ALL of our courses including Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas.

Some state governments also offer subsidised programs to further reduce the cost of your course. Click here to see what's available in your state

Over 50 courses to choose from! Click here to view all of our courses from Certificate II to Advanced Diploma level.

If you have any questions, please call us on 1300 769 690 for more information.

What the Changes to VET FEE-HELP mean for you?

If you are a current VET FEE-HELP student, your current VET FEE-HELP enrolment will not be automatically transferred to the new VET Student  Loans program.

You can continue accessing VET FEE-HELP until 31 December 2017 (or to your course end date if prior to that) if you complete an online form that will be available on the website later this year.

The Department of Education and Training will contact you personally to let you know when the form is available and what the next steps are. If you do not let the department know you would like to continue, you will only be able to access VET FEE-HELP until 31 March 2017.

There are a number of places to get more information:

Speak to us on  1300 769 690


contact HELP Student Enquiry Line on 1800 020 108


VET FEE-HELP Fees and Schedules

  • VET FEE-HELP Fees and Schedules

    A VET FEE-HELP schedule must be provided by all training providers showing the 'Units of Study' and the applicable fees. The schedule also shows you the census date i.e. the date you must withdraw by before the VET FEE-HELP loan is charged.

    Your course is broken into four semesters. A semester is the same as a 'Unit of Study'. Each semester is six months long.  This means that you have 24 months to complete your diploma.

    The schedule we have made available below shows you the fees and each of the four semesters.  

    The schedule also shows how we calculate the census date (20% into the time allowed for that subject). If you are unsure about the census date timeframe, please call us before you enrol.

    Of course, when you enrol - we will give you the details of the census dates and fees that apply to you.

    See our sample VET HELP-FEE schedule.  If you would like to view our course fees, click here.

VET FEE-HELP Enrolment Application Process

  • Commonwealth Assistance - How it Works?

    Up until 31 December, 2017 the Commonwealth Government will pay the course fees for approved students directly to the College. They also apply a 20% loan fee. The course fees paid on your behalf and the loan fee will equal the amount that you will need to repay.

    Once your income is above the minimum income threshold (currently $54, 126) you will start to make VET FEE-HELP repayments through the taxation system. This is why you need to provide a Tax File Number. If you don’t have one – you can apply for one with Australia Post free of charge.

    Refer to Study Assist for details on how repayments work, including the option to make an up-front payment that can help to reduce the balance of your loan.

    For more information on the VET Student Loans Program which will commence on 1 January 2017, click here or refer to

  • Check Available Places

    The top message of this website will indicate when we are accepting new VET FEE-HELP applications.

    When places are available you can you apply to enrol online, however due to the pending cancellation of the VET FEE-HELP program, we recommend that you contact us on 1300 769 690 first, so that you fully understand how this will impact your individual situation.


  • Lodge Required Eligibility Documents

    Upon enrolment you will be asked to upload these necessary administrative documents to prove your VET FEE-HELP eligibility such as:

    • Identification that confirms that you are an Australian Citizenship or a New Zealand Citizen with a Special Category Visa that meets the residency requirements or a Permanent Humanitarian Visa holder.  Note: Your documents need to be certified.

    • Your Unique Student Identifier

    • Your Tax File Number (which is needed for the loan side of things), and

    • Your Year 12 completion certificate (or completion of an online reading and numeracy quiz which we will organise on your behalf)

    • If you are under 18, you will also be asked for your parents or guardians consent.

  • Complete Initial Skills Assessment and Suitability Phone Call

    The next step is to download and complete your Initial Skills Assessment. Your answers will help us confirm that Diploma level studies and the course you have chosen are the best match for your current skills.  

    Once the document has been uploaded, a Student Adviser will call you to discuss your Initial Skills Assessment.  We recommend that you allow 20 minutes for this call.

    The Student Adviser’s role is to determine if you have the resources, motivation and existing knowledge and experience to undertake the chosen course. 

    Your application will not progress to an offer until this call is made and we are confident that you meet our entry criteria for your chosen course. In general terms, our entry requirements are previous studies up to at least the Certificate IV level or some work experience in your chosen field of study.

    The Student Adviser will either approve your enrolment or refer your enrolment to the Academic Entry Committee for further evaluation. If your enrolment is not approved we will recommend a better course or study option that we feel will suit your needs and set you up for success.

    Please ensure that you respond to requests to contact a College Student Adviser as soon as you can, so that we can assess your application. If you have changed your mind – simply let us know.

  • Review All VFH Information During the Cooling Off Period

    Please note that there is a compulsory cooling off period. Although we have the technology to enrol you immediately, Government rules say that every provider must allow time for you to really consider whether VET FEE-HELP and Diploma level studies are really for you.

    This means the progress of your application to enrol will be delayed by two days. But that doesn’t mean you can sit back and rest! It is the perfect time to read all about the program and collect all the documentation that you need.

    Your can:

    • Read the VFH Information Booklet provided by the government to ensure your understanding of VET FEE-HELP

    • Familiarise yourself with important College VET FEE-HELP policies

    • Ensure that you meet our Diploma entry requirements and are committed to the time and effort to complete Diploma level studies. Note: The College Student Participation Standards will apply to your enrolment.

VET FEE-HELP Loan Request

  • What courses are available

    The government will decide shortly which diploma and above courses will be eligible under the VET Student Loan Program.   The list will be published at   The decision will be based on what the government decides aligns with the needs of industry.

  • Enrolment Approval

    Once your enrolment is approved you will have access to your Semester 1 subjects so that you can start your studies straightaway. 

    You will be also allocated a CHESSN number (if you do not already have one) which is your government ID for VET FEE-HELP. You will be able to see this number in Webclass.

    Other official documents that must be given to you will also be found in Webclass:

    • An Invoice that shows the amount of your loan including the loan fee

    • The Commonwealth Assistance Notice (CAN)

    These are very important documents!! The invoice will tell you how much your loan is for, and the CAN will inform you of your census date… i.e. the date that your loan is locked in.


  • Progression

    To be able to progress under VET FEE-HELP, you will need to accept our offer within 14 days, otherwise we may not be able to guarantee your place due to the cap system.

    Similarly, progression to Semester 2 and subsequent semesters is not guaranteed unless you complete your semester within the required timeframes i.e. 6 months. If you take longer than 6 months, you will get a place based on availability under the caps system.

  • Your Welcome Call

    To give you the best start possible, your Student Adviser will contact you again to formally welcome you to the College.  

    They will guide you to navigate Webclass, provide some study tips and be on hand to answer any questions you might have about your course.

    We cannot stress how important it is to remain in regular contact with your Student Adviser.  They will also be in contact with you to check how you are progressing. Life can get busy, and we really want to see you succeed!!!


You Might Also Like to Know..

  • How to Prove Your Eligibility?

    To be eligible for VET FEE-HELP there are a number of things you need to do when you apply: 

      • Provide evidence of your identity to prove that you are an Australian Citizen or a specific visa holder.  For more information click here.

      • Provide your Tax File Number (if you do not have one yet, it is best to apply for one now)

      • Obtain or retrieve your Unique Student Identifier at the USI Registry.

      • Provide your Year 12 Completion Certificate (or complete a reading and numeracy quiz which we will organise for you) 

  • How Much Time Should I Put Aside to Study?

    This is a very important question. We want you to succeed, and that means making sure that you have enough time in your schedule to dedicate to your studies.

    As a rough guide, you can expect to need to spend at least 4-5 hours a month to successfully complete your semester within the required 6 months.

    We will ask you if you have this time to commit when we call you to discuss your application, so please make sure you have given it a lot of thought and have a good plan in place.

    We would also like you to contact us every four weeks and submit an assessment task at least every eight weeks.

    Remember, your Student Adviser is there to help you.  We also have a whole range of specialist advisers that can provide assistance depending on the subject, so please don't be shy about contacting us. 

  • Full Time or Part Time Studies

    Our VET FEE-HELP courses are for part time students.  However, we may accept an application for full time study under exceptional circumstances.

    Even though our courses are part time, if you have a lot of spare time, you can still complete your course as quickly as you like. 

  • What If I Need More Time?

    We highly recommend that you make regular progress and meet the requirements of your timetable because extensions will only be granted under extenuating circumstances.  

    If you need to apply for an extension, please contact your Student Adviser who will let you know what you need to do next.

  • How to Keep Track of Your Census Date?

    It is really important for you to know your census date because this is the last day you can withdraw without penalty.

    There are several ways you can locate your census date:

    • On your Commonwealth Assistance Notice

    • On your VET FEE-HELP schedule, and

    • In Webclass under your course details

    We will also send you an email prior to the census date to give you adequate warning.

VET FEE-HELP Withdrawal Dates

  • Important Rules about Withdrawing from VET FEE-HELP Without Penalty

    VET FEE-HELP students can withdraw any time before their census date without a penalty.

    For each semester a "census date" is set which is 20% into the scheduled time frame for that semester.

    If students do NOT formally withdraw from the semester on or before the census date, they will incur a debt with the Government for the VET FEE-HELP loan amount. See the VET FEE-HELP Refund Policy for details.

    Students who notify the College of their intent to withdraw from their course prior to the census date will be sent written confirmation confirming their request.

Obtaining Copies of Your Year 12 Completion Certificate

  • NSW Higher School Certificate - HSC

    The HSC is the highest educational award in secondary school in NSW.

    Your results can be accessed from Students Online under the My Details section. You can download a pdf version of your HSC testamur, Record of Achievement and other course reports.

    You can order a replacement copy for $42.50 which will take approximately 7 to 10 days. The form is available at the Board of Studies.

  • Queensland Certificate of Education - QCE

    The QCE is Queensland's senior school qualification, which is awarded to eligible students usually at the end of Year 12.

    Log into your learning account to view your QCS Test grade. You need your LUI to log in. If you don’t know your LUI, ask your school for it.

    You can order a replacement copy for $28.80. The form is available at

  • SA Certificate of Education - SACE

    The SACE is the qualification that South Australian students achieve on completing secondary school.

    You can access your results via the SACE Board’s Students Online portal.

    You can order a replacement copy for $40 or $20 concession. The form is available at

  • NT Certificate of Education and Training - NTCET

    The NTCET is the qualification that is completed in the last year of secondary school.

    You can access your results via the SACE Board’s Students Online portal.

    The form can be completed by filling in an online form at Contact the Certification Officers on 08 8944 9253 prior to completing the form to confirm that your records are available.

  • Tasmanian Certificate of Education - TCE

    The TCE is issued to Year 12 students who have met the five standards.

    If you register your email address, your results will be emailed. An official hard copy will also be posted.

    Request a copy at The cost is $14.80 which takes approximately 5 to 10 days. There is an additional charge for priority posting.

  • ACT Senior Secondary Certificate - SSC

    The ACT Senior Secondary Certificate is given to students who have completed Year 12.

    Your results will be posted to your or given to you directly by your school.

    A replacement copy will only be reissued under exceptional circumstances. However, you can get a certified academic transcript at

  • WA Certificate of Education - WACE

    The WACE is given to students who have completed senior secondary education.

    You can obtain your results online from the Tertiary Institutions Service Centre (TISC).

    Order a copy by completing the form available at The cost is $37 per copy.

  • Victorian Certificate of Education - VCE

    Results are available by SMS and email. To access on-line go to

    Order a copy by completing the form available at The cost is $40 per copy.